Samhain is the time when the veil between the physical world and the other side is the thinnest.
This allows for easier spirit communication and visitations on both sides of the veil.
Samhain / October 31 is also closely connected to Halloween, All Hallow’s Eve and the Witches’ New Year.
Dark goddesses and underworld deities rule during this time often leading wandering spirits to the afterlife.
Hekate, the Greek goddess of witchcraft, ghosts and necromancy, and her baying hounds are said to roam the streets and graveyards.
Having an image of Hekate by the front or back entrance or in a nearby doorway is said to warn roaming spirits not to bother the occupants as worshippers of their Queen Hekate reside within.
Samhain is a time to honour the deceased and ancestors, look ahead to what may come in the next twelve months, divination and spirit communication.
Samhain Tarot Spread
This Samhain Tarot Spread looks at what’s to come, what transformations and what will be reawakened, and get messages from the Dark Goddess.
- What you’re ready to reap (your rewards)
- What you need to let go / say goodbye to
- What will be reawakened between now and the Spring Equinox (i.e. Ostara)
- What transformation you will undergo in the next 12 months
- Forecast for the next 3 months
- Forecast for the next 6 months
- Forecast for the next 9 months
- Forecast for the next 12 months
- A message from your ancestors to help you in the next 12 months
- A message from the Dark Goddess to help you in the next 12 months
Samhain, Ancestors and Spirit
Communication / Mediumship
If interested in working with your ancestors, there’s a tarot spread for that:
To learn more about working with your ancestors, be sure to check out:
To know more about how to communicate with spirits through tarot, check out:
Get into the season with these 13 Ways to Celebrate Samhain
Dark Goddesses at Samhain
Dark goddesses reign during the autumn season and Samhain, which can be the best time to learn about them and how to work with them.
Learn more about how and when to work with dark goddesses, how to find your own dark goddess matron, how to create a dark goddess altar, dark moon magick and more with the e-book:
For tarot spreads involving dark goddesses, be sure to check out:
Images designed in Canva.